The Maryland SoccerPlex & BlackRock Center for the Arts have partnered again to bring you a half-day Sports & Arts Camp.
Campers get the chance to spend the mornings playing various sports, like soccer, dodgeball, kickball, basketball,
flag football and much more; then experience Visual Arts classes during the afternoon sessions.
Please note, the morning session with the Fun for All Camp will remain outdoors and the art afternoon session will be held inside the Adventist HealthCare Fieldhouse in our
Grand Art Room. We are continuing to take precautions to ensure that we can provide a safe space for your child(ren) to learn & play this summer!
What we're doing:
- We will be performing temperature checks on our entire staff daily.
- Our staff will be wearing a mask when not engaging in physical activity with the campers.
- We will be sanitizing the equipment the campers are using before, and after, use.
- Campers will be participating in mandatory sanitizing/hand-washing breaks at the end of each activity.
- Campers will be put into groups of no-more than 10 campers (allowing room for 1 counselor and 1-2 counselors in training per group).
- For art, campers will be given their own set-up (6 ft table/camper) so that they are practicing safe social distancing
- We have trained our staff on proper cleaning procedures as will as other ways to prevent the spread of COVID.
What we ask of you:
- Every day you will be required to fill out a Daily Health Check Form that attests that a) Your child is not showing symptoms of COVID and b) Your child has not been exposed to COVID within the past 14 days. Campers will not be allowed to attend camp until this form is completed each morning. The link for this form will be sent out in your welcome email.
- Complete the Camper Health & Information Form 72 hours prior to the first day of camp. We will not be accepting papers, it must be done electronically.
- Campers must have a mask. Your child will be required to wear a mask when they are not participating in an activity. Children will not be required to wear a mask during physical play in accordance with CDC recommendations.
- Campers bring their lunch. We will not be taking pre-orders and our cafe will remain closed.
- There will be a new Pick-Up/Drop-Off procedure that includes a curbside drop-off/pick-up after which children will immediately sanitize their hands at the sanitize station.
Please click here to see diagram!
|2020 Camp Dates:|
|Week 1||June 22 - 26||Summer Fun|
|Week 2||June 29 - July 3||Art Hall of Famers|
|Week 3||July 6 - July 10||Amazing Animals|
|Week 4||July 13 - July 17||Let's Beat the Heat (Beach Week)|
|Week 5||July 20 - July 24||Out of this World (Space Theme)|
|Week 6||July 27 - July 31||Celebrate the Olympics|
|Week 7||August 3 - August 7||Art inspired by Japanese Culture|
|Week 8||August 10 - August 14||Mythical Creatures|
|Week 9||August 17 - August 21||MVP - Most Valuable Painters|
Boys & Girls Ages 5-11
9:00am - 12:00pm (Play in the Morning)
12:00pm - 1:00pm (Lunch)
1:00pm - 4:00pm (Create in the Afternoon)
$265 per camper/week
8:00am - 9:00am (Morning)
4:00pm - 6:00pm (Afternoon)
$10 per camper/hr
How to Register for your Summer Fun Today:
|2 Step Registration Process|
Step 1: Register Online
Registration for Extended Care is available online.
*Please note that Online Registration only accepts Discover, VISA or MasterCard
|Step 2: Health & Information Form
(Online Submission Only)
If your child does not attend a State of Maryland public or private school,
please complete the Maryland Department of Health & Mental Hygiene Immunization Form.
If your child must take medication while they attend camp,
please complete the Medication Administration Authorization Form
and have it signed by your child’s physician prior to the camp start date.
Step 3: Daily Health Check Form
Important Note: Camper Health & Information form must be completed online at least 72 hours
1. Is this an indoor camp?
A. The Sports Meet the Arts Camp is an indoor/outdoor camp.
The Camp Director loves to utilize the entire facility and usually takes the campers outside
at least once a day (pending weather). The sports portion is a combination of indoors and outdoors.
The arts portion of the camp is indoors.
2. Do campers need to bring a lunch?
A. Campers must bring either a bag lunch or money to purchase lunch from the Fieldhouse Cafe.
3. What does my child need to bring to camp each day?
A. It is recommended that campers bring a change of clothes daily.
Usually, with it being so hot during the summer, the Camp Director likes to add
water play when the campers go outside.
If you submit a request to withdraw prior to the start of camp, you will receive a refund minus a $50 non-refundable administrative fee per week.