We understand that the current situation has left many parents with the issue of having a safe space for their child to participate in virtual learning while the parents are working. In response, we have created the Virtual Learning and Sports Camp!
What is it?
A quiet, safe space for children to learn while parents are working
Children will have basic guidance, supervision, and a fun outlet before and after school
We will have the children follow their school schedule, during breaks we will allow for snacks and bathroom breaks. Before and after school we will have multiple socially distant games set up for the kids to participate in.
- The camp will begin with the first day of school (August 31). Parents will be able to register on a weekly, or monthly basis (see payment chart below)
- The camp day is 8:30 am - 5:30 pm *Please note if your child is picked up after 5:35pm, there will be a $15 charge
- Open to students in grades K-8
When children are not learning they will be participating in various socially distant activities like:
Soccer, Kickball, Whiffle Ball, Speedball, Field Hockey, Handball
Jump Ropes, Hula Hoops, Tug of War
Relay Races, Scooters
Knockout, Around the World, Horse
Crosswords, Word Search, Soduku, Puzzles
Slime, Tie-Dye, Color by Numbers, Holiday Crafts, Painting, Play-doh, Chalk
These activities will ensure the children are still having fun, moving around, and being social, but doing so with our COVID-19 Procedures in place.
|September Dates||October Dates||November Dates||December Dates||January Dates|
|August 31 -
|September 28 -
|November 2-6||November 30 -
|September 8-11*||October 5-9||November 9-13||December 7-11||January 11-15|
|September 14-18||October 12-16||November 16-20||December 14-18||January 19-22*|
|September 21-25||October 19-23||November 23-25**||December 21-23**||January 25-29|
|October 26-30||December 28-30**|
Based on the current MCPS Calendar, the following days will have no schooling, half-day schooling, or no camp at all:
|No Learning - Sports Only||Half-Day Learning/Half-Day Sports||No Camp Dates (Plex is Closed)|
|September 28||September 4||September 7|
|November 3||October 2||November 26-27|
|November 9||November 11||December 24-25|
|November||November 12||December 31|
|December 28-30||November 25||January 1|
|January 20||January 18|
Currently have 2 payments options: Weekly and Monthly
|*4-day Week Rate||$245|
|**3-Day Week Rate||$195|
|All September Weeks||$1,100|
|All October Weeks||$1,375|
|All November Weeks||$1,020|
|All December Weeks||$1,215|
|All January Weeks||$1,100|
All registrations must be completed online. Click here to register today!
What Should You Bring?
Each student should have:
- Chromebook (Provided by MCPS)
- Any schooling materials provided by MCPS
- Copy of personalized schedule
- Pencils and Paper/Notebooks
- Headphones - This will help the children be able to focus on just their Zoom session.
- Lunch, Water, and Snacks
- Face Mask - This is required to enter the building.
COVID-19 Procedures and Policies:
We will be taking ample precautions to keep kids as safe as possible during this camp.
- Parents will be required to do an online daily health check before their child is dropped off in the morning.
- Drop-off and pick-up will take place without parents getting out of their car - we will meet you in front of the Adventist HealthCare Fieldhouse and walk your child in or out.
- Children will be spaced out at least 6 feet during instruction time
- Masks are required for attendance. Students will only be allowed to take masks off while they are at their individual workstations on Zoom sessions as they will be properly spaced (6ft apart) and during physical activity.
- Our staff workers will periodically clean common areas and all sports equipment will be cleaned before and after each use.
- Hand sanitizer and hand washing breaks will be instituted throughout the day.
Please be aware there will be no extra instruction in this camp. We will be supervising and can help with technical difficulties, however, we are not certified to teach the children. Because of this, if your child has a special program, or requires extra help we will not be able to accept them into camp at this time. If you have questions about if this is the right camp for your child, feel free to give us a call at 301-528-1480!
Refunds will be given minus a $50 non-refundable administration fee per week. This administration fee applies to ALL camps held at the Maryland SoccerPlex and Adventist HealthCare Fieldhouse (formerly known as Discovery Sports Center). Refund requests must be submitted prior to the start of camp as we do not administer refunds once a camp week has started.
Additionally, only credit card payments are accepted for camp registrations that are completed less than two weeks from the camp start date. Checks are only accepted with registrations completed three weeks or prior to the camp start date.
If MCPS goes back in session earlier than expected, we will issue a refund for the unused camp dates.