As of 4/27/21, Montgomery County Council, sitting as the Board of Health passed a new phased reopening plan as part of its COVID Health Regulations. These changes have several effects for both indoor and outdoor sports played at the SoccerPlex. While the Health Regulations provided a minimum level of restrictions the Maryland SoccerPlex has additional protocols and rules in place due to the size and layout of the facility as well as logistical concerns in order to maintain a safe environment for athletes, spectators, coaches, officials, and staff. Below is an outline of the current rules and protocols that go into effect at 5:00 pm today April 27, 2021.
Phase 1 – 50% of Montgomery County Residents has received at least 1 vaccine shot.
Indoor COVID Rules
- Masks must be worn by all persons at all times, INCLUDING PLAYERS ON THE COURTS
- No more than 50 person, including all players, coaches, and team staff may be on and/or around the court.
- No spectators are allowed inside the Adventist HealthCare Fieldhouse. Players, Coaches, and Officials may enter the building.
- Social distancing should be followed when possible, no team huddles, group talks, etc.
- No chairs allowed on the arena floor. Non-active players should maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet.
- No communal water coolers.
- All players and coaches must complete and sign (parent signature for minors) a Health Check and Waiver Form, within 12 hours of the start of the rental time. These forms will be collected by Adventist HealthCare Fieldhouse staff when entering the building at the start of the rental.
- All persons entering the building will be subject to a temperature check as a condition of entry.
- Only low and medium-risk sports are currently allowed at the Adventist HealthCare Fieldhouse. Basketball groups requesting training times must submit a COVID safety plan to Fieldhouse Staff which must be approved by the Montgomery County Department of Health.
- Only teams from Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia may play at the Adventist HealthCare Fieldhouse.
Phase 2 – 60% of Montgomery County Residents have received at least 1 vaccine shot
- Capacity Limits will be increased to 250 people per court. This includes all players, coaches, officials, and spectators.
- Restrictions on teams outside of Maryland, DC, and Virginia will be lifted for all activities.
- All other rules and restrictions from Phase 1 shall apply.
Phase 3 – 2 Weeks after 50% of Montgomery County Residents are fully vaccinated
- All County specific restrictions will expire, and only current State Executive Orders will apply