The Maryland SoccerPlex has worked with the Montgomery County Health Department and the Montgomery County Department of Homeland Security and Emergency Management to develop a safety plan that will once again allow us to have spectators on the sidelines of the field at the SoccerPlex under specific conditions. These new rules will go into effect beginning Friday, October 16th. This will allow our Grounds Crew adequate time to prepare the fields with the necessary markings. Below are highlights of the new policy, but, CLICK HERE AND READ THE ATTACHED DOCUMENT COMPLETELY. Please note that these rules must be adhered to by all visitors to the complex. If you are the home team, it is your responsibility to communicate these rules to the visiting team. SoccerPlex staff will be patrolling fields, reminding visitors of the rules. Failure to abide by SoccerPlex rules and staff instructions will result in the termination of the game and/or removal from the facility.
New Policy Highlights
- Only one parent/spectator per player. While we understand both parents want to watch their child the County insisted that we limit the number to one per player.
- Spectators must wear masks at all times.
- A dashed line will be painted around the perimeter of all fields. Spectators must stay behind the dashed line and should stand/sit on the dashes, as they will be spaced at least 6 feet apart.
- No more than 50 players, coaches, and officials may be on the field and bench areas.
- On full-sided fields, each team and their corresponding parents/spectators will sit on one side of the field (i.e. teams will be on opposite sidelines). Small sided fields will continue to use the traditional setup with both teams on one side of the fields. Parents/Spectators on small-sided fields should stand behind the goals and behind the spectator restriction lines that will be painted on the ground.
Please me mindful that it has taken great effort from numerous people, as well as cooperation from County Officials to obtain this approval. County Officials fully expect these guidelines to be followed and can withdraw our permission to not only allow spectators, but also the ability to host games in this county, at any time if the guidelines are not followed. It is up to all of us to make sure that failures of parents to follow these rules do not jeopardize our children’s ability to play sports in this County.