High School Summer 8v8 League
The High School 8v8 Summer league has been cancelled until further notice. PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR THE MESSAGE SENT ON JULY 20. At this time, we are still hopeful of resuming league play this summer. As such, we have not determined a refund policy until we get more clarity about whether that can happen. If we are unable to resume the league per County law, we will provide a prorated refund for the unplayed games.
Thank you for your patience and we will keep you updated.
It's time to get back on the fields this July! Registration for the 2020 High School Summer League is now open!
The Maryland Soccerplex High School Summer League offers your team the chance to play together this summer on the best fields in the country! The Maryland SoccerPlex High School 8v8 Summer League offers a highly competitive price and outstanding fields!
Schedule: The HS 8v8 league is cancelled until further notice.
- Click here for High School 8v8- Division One Schedule (revised July 4)
- Click here for High School 8v8 Division Two Schedule (revised July 4)
- Games will be played Tuesdays or Thursdays beginning on July 7 or July 9 and will run through the week of August 11 and August 13.
- Teams will play a 6 game season!
- Game start times will be 4:30 or 5:45pm. (Request for scheduling consideration can be submitted. We will do our best to fulfill your request)
Registration Deadline: Thursday, July 2
Payment Deadline: Monday, July 6 (no exceptions)
1. Team Roster - Click Here
2. COVID-19 Health Check and Waiver Form - Click Here
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IN ITS ENTIRETY:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL COACHES AND PLAYERS: The Health Check and Waiver form found at the link above must be completed for EVERY coach and player for EVERY game. No exceptions! We are mandating the completion of
1) The electronic form must be completed the day of the game between 5:00am and 3:30pm and may not be completed at the field. Forms completed after 3:30pm will not be honored and the player may not play in that day's game (A separate form must be submitted for EVERY game.)
2) Any player or coach who has not submitted a form MAY NOT PLAY OR BE ON THE TEAM'S SIDELINE.
Feel free to contact us at 301-528-1480 or send us an email at email@example.com!
- GAME LENGTH: Two twenty-five (25) minute halves. Five (5) minute halftime. If score is tied at the end of regulation, score remains tied. No overtime. Games must start on time.
FORMAT: 8 v 8 (including goalkeeper). A game may start with a minimum of five players. If a team does not have enough players to start the game, the clock will start on time. A team must start the game at the scheduled starting time if the minimum number of players is present. If, after 10 minutes, a team does not have enough players to start the game, the game will be cancelled.
CARDS/VIOLATIONS: If a player or coach is red carded (ejected) from a game, the minimum penalty will be sitting out the next scheduled game. If a spectator is ejected or asked to leave the game site, the minimum penalty will be a suspension of at least the next two (2) scheduled contests.
ROSTER SIZE: Maximum is 18. (Only one spectator per player may attend game. All spectators must wear masks.) All players must complete an electronic Health Check and Waiver form before they can participate in any league game. (See above for link to the form and how and when forms must be submitted.) Rosters can be turned into the field supervisor or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Players can be added at any point during the season but must be reported to the field supervisor prior to the match. Any player added to a roster on game day must have completed an electronic Health Check and Waiver form within the time frame indicated above.
HOME & AWAY TEAMS: The home team (first team listed on the schedule) is responsible for providing a size 5 ball for each league game.
JERSEYS: Teams are required to have both a colored and white shirt available at every league game. Home team must change in the event of a color conflict. (It is NOT necessary to have unique numbers on each jersey.)
SUBSITUTIONS: No subs on the fly. Must be made at midfield upon approval of referee.
OFFSIDES: There are no offsides.
STANDINGS/AWARDS: No standings will be kept and no post season awards will be given.